Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Which is more difficult - Designing a logo for yourself or a client?

Posted by Fawwaz Siddiqui

Well, to feel better and drive myself out of the guilt of not updating my blog for so many days, I decided to do something new for my blog and thought what better than a new logo design can contribute. Tell me something friends, isn’t it much harder to make a logo for yourself than for a client or I am being exceptional. Trust me; my idea for my new blog logo design has driven me crazy.

Although, we all know ourselves so well but still I think designing for yourself is one of the hardest things to do. Please, don’t think I am justifying working for clients as an easy job…..winning that battlefield has its own difficulties.

Being a graphic designer, we all know how to satisfy our clients and fulfill their demands…every graphic designing blog has enough stuff on it. However, I want you to help make things easy for me. I am listing advices on how to work when we our own clients. I would really appreciate if you add more points because longer is the list, easier will become my job.

gdb-2

1: Treat yourself like an important client

Don’t take yourself for granted and give your self ample of time. Make several of designs before opting the final one. If we can put in so much of hard work for our customers then why not for ourselves?

2: Schedule your work in priority list

Never underestimate your project…add it to your priority list because your work is as important as your client’s projects.

3: Compare your designs with your favorite logo designs

Keep some of your all-time favorite, inspiring logo designs in your mind. They will help you come up with some creative ideas.

4: Get your designer friends review it

I think best person to guide you about your logo design are your friend designers as they have a good know-how on designing.

5: Be open to criticism

Don’t sit with a sour heart if anyone doesn’t appreciate your design much. Start from a scratch again.

6: Hide it for few days

After coming up with a design, hide it under job folders and then take it out after few days to study with a fresh mind. Maybe, you might see something you missed or might want to change.

7: Your logo is for your audience

Never miss your targeted audience and people whom you are offering your service/product.

78406048

8: Don’t miss your business essence:

As we always keep taking business details from our clients, similarly we should not forget our business goals and theme.

9:Don’t be much influenced by your competitor’s logo

We all want to be unique but sometime’s we are so impressed by our competitor’s work that unconsciously we come up with a logo design, resembling his logo….better be careful.

10: Color, fonts and size should not be neglected

A logo is not just about a creative idea. Often, important facets of a logo design are overlooked, even by experienced design professionals but you better check all aspects well.

Well, I am working on these points to come up with a stunning logo design (at least, that’s what I expect my logo to be ;) If you have more points to contribute…please don’t hesitate.

But guys, I would like you to leave after sharing your answer with us
“Designing a logo for yourself or a client – which is difficult?”

0 comments:

Post a Comment